FeedSafeNZ is a programme designed to enhance the quality assurance of New Zealand-produced stockfeed, and to provide increased risk mitigation in the manufacturing and use of animal feeds.
The central element of FeedSafeNZ is the NZFMA Code of Good Manufacturing Practice (CMP).
FeedSafeNZ requires feed manufacturers and blenders to meet minimum standards in relation to:
- General buildings and grounds
- New and existing plant design
- Lighting and ventilation
- Mill machinery
- Mill cleaning and sanitation
- Storage of finished goods (bulk and bagged)
- Control of labelling and packaging materials
- Feed ingredients
- Purchasing specifications and Salmonella
- Pest and vermin control
- Production control
- Grain import systems.
To obtain FeedSafeNZ accreditation, stockfeed producers are required to undergo annual site audits, which are conducted by the independent third party auditor, AsureQuality.
For more information about FeedSafeNZ, contact the New Zealand Feed Manufacturers Association on 09-520 4300, email: [email protected]